Hub & Spoke, a St. Louis website design and creative agency, is currently accepting applications for our summer internship program. Our interns will gain a better understanding of both creative design and marketing strategy, while working with real-world projects and clients.
Our agile creative agency works with a broad array of clients, ranging from healthcare institutions and non-profits to online retailers and craft beer breweries.
At Hub & Spoke, we’re looking for interns who share our values and are ready to dive in, trial-by-fire style. Here’s a bit more about what we’re looking for:
The Perfect Candidate
- Ideal candidate should display confidence & assertiveness; demonstrate an excitement and passion for the job and the industry; be a self-starter and a quick study.
- Ability to articulate complex and specific thoughts and ideas.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and make effective decisions under the pressure of time and with sometimes limited information.
- Interns will be given large amounts of creative freedom to explore design concepts and principles, with regularly scheduled meetings to review designs and the strategy that accompanies them.
- Interns will begin in May and stay at least through through August 1, with the potential opportunity to stay during the fall semester.
- Internship is based in St. Louis area, inside T-REX building downtown.
- Internship may involve some mandatory travel to meet with clients.
- Internship can be for college credit or not, your call. We do not currently have a partnership with any area universities.
- Interns will be paid.
Interested in applying?
Send a design portfolio and your résumé to: email@example.com
You may also include a cover letter stating your unique qualifications for this position.
Please note: this internship is based out of our St. Louis location. No phone calls please.
For the third straight year, Hub & Spoke has captured a Graphic Design USA American Package Design Award.
The annual competition, which draws thousands of entrants ranging from Fortune 500 companies to boutique agencies, honors the best in packaging design, branding and marketing to help influence the purchase decision.
“Our annual competition celebrates attractive graphics, of course, but more importantly the power of design to forge an emotional link with the buyer at the moment of truth,” notes the Graphic Design USA website about the competition. Continue Reading
Hub & Spoke took home two silver awards at the 11th annual W3 Awards.
The W3 Awards honors creative excellence on the web, including: website design, marketing programs, social content, mobile site/apps and online video. The entrants and winners include small agencies and Fortune 500 companies, with nearly 5,000 entries received from countries around the world. Continue Reading
For the second year in a row, Hub & Spoke has been honored by the MarCom Awards, an annual international print design and digital media contest.
This year’s winning work includes website design and print design completed during the past year for clients such as Feeding Missouri and the Missouri Contemporary Ballet, with one platinum, two golds and two honorable mentions awarded. Continue Reading
Let’s face it, there’s a lot of advice out there, especially when it comes to marketing.
Everyone claims to be an expert; everyone thinks they can help you be #1 on Google. Good luck. Being found online is about more than a pretty website design. It takes strategy, thoughtfulness and, of course, eye-catching design.
So, what are the biggest pitfalls people believe about their website? Continue Reading